Thank you to all the wonderful Winnipeg Volunteers who worked together to make our 26th flight a resounding success! We would also like to thank our Edmonton, Montreal, Calgary and Halifax Dreams Take Flight families for all of their support in getting our flight off the ground. We especially want to thank the children who accompanied us on the flight and let us celebrate this magical day with them.
What You Should Know
What you should know if you are dropping someone off or you are traveling on the Winnipeg Dreams flight:
Meet and Greet
If you live in Winnipeg (or close to the city) you will meet your group leader and other kids going on the flight about 2 weeks before flight day. You will see a presentation about the big day – your schedule, what to bring, and what to expect! The “Meet and Greet” is a good chance to ask questions, but if you have questions in advance you can also ask your contact person. If you live outside the city and have to stay in the hotel, you will go to your “Meet and Greet” the night before the flight.
What to Bring
- If you take medication, please come with a 2 or 3 day supply.
- Adults coming on the flight must have a passport.
- All children should be dressed for warm weather in Orlando (capris pants or shorts and runners). Your group leader will provide Dreams Take Flight t-shirts, hats, water bottles, and sunscreen. You are able to leave a backpack on the plane for the day in case you would like to leave a fleece for arrival and departure.
Arrival & Parking
- It is important that you are at the airport on time, because there are many things that have to be done before we leave for Orlando, Florida.
- If you are accompanying a child on the flight, please validate your parking ticket inside the airport at the “Dreams Ground Transportation Booth”.
- If you require a taxi to get to the airport please speak with your Dreams contact person for the Duffy’s taxi account. Call Unicty Taxi at 204-925-3131.
- Children living outside Winnipeg will stay at the hotel and will be transported to the airport via bus. First bus departs at 2:45 am.
Accommodations in Winnipeg (for out of town children only) – Please speak with your Dreams contact for more information.
Schedule at the Winnipeg Airport
- Upon arrival at the Winnipeg (YWG) airport (3:00 am), please check-in at the children’s (alphabetically by last name) or adult check-in stations.
- If you have medication please take it to your child’s group leader.
- Proceed to your numbered Group Muster Station where you will meet your group and Group Leader. You will receive your Dreams Take Flight t-shirt which will identify you as part of the Winnipeg group for the day.
At Disney World
- Children will be in groups of 5 or 6 with an Air Canada group leader and additional chaperones – depending on the needs of the group. Each group will go through Magic Kingdom at their own pace. Food, drinks, and lots of water will be provided. Each child will select a souvenir from Disney World. Please do not send money with your child.
- Your group will stay together at all times during the day. You will have enough time to go on several rides and get many character autographs. Think ahead about what your most favorite things to do at Disney World will be – as your group leader will want to know – and therefore plan a day for all to enjoy.
- Your group will meet on Main Street at 7:00 pm to begin departure from Disney World.
- Group leaders will have cameras and there will also be photographers at Disney World to take group and “action” photos. Your group leader will create a photo album for your memories.
Back in Winnipeg
Parents can call Air Canada, 1.888.247.2262, for live flight arrival time or go to www.aircanada.ca. At the airport, please go to the Info Booth at the Arrivals on the main floor to check in. You will be taken to your child’s muster station and wait to be reunited with your child.
This is a No Smoking Day – absolutely no tobacco products allowed all day!
If you have any further questions before the Day of Flight, please call 204.941.2726.